Adam Barney was born and raised in Findlay, Ohio. After high school, Adam graduated Cum Laude from Kent State University with a Bachelor of Arts in Economics. In 2006, Adam received his Juris Doctor from Capital University Law School. During law school, Adam had the privilege to serve as a judicial extern for the Honorable Judge James L. Graham, a senior judge of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio.
After graduating from law school, Adam worked as a managing associate in a small family law firm in Columbus, Ohio, where he focused his practice on divorce, child custody, and juvenile matters. Today, Adam is a founding partner at Barney DeBrosse LLC, and his practice areas include family law, divorce, dissolution, child custody, child support, grandparent’s rights, and post-decree matters.
In his free time, Adam enjoys traveling, cheering on the Ohio State Buckeyes and Columbus Blue Jackets, attending concerts, and is an avid movie buff.
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- National Rifle Association
- Ohioans For Concealed Carry
- B.A. Economics – Kent State University, 2003
- J.D. Capital University Law School, 2006
- Licensed in Ohio, 2006
- Licensed in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, 2007
- Licensed in the United States Supreme Court, 2011
- Licensed in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, 2012
- Ohio Supreme Court Guardian ad Litem training certificate
- Speedy and Cost-Efficient Discovery Practices for Those Low-Asset Divorce Cases